The David Douglas Education Foundation celebrated its 25th Anniversary on Saturday, April 22, 2017 with a Dinner/Auction at the Airport Sheraton. We were joined by current and former DDEF board members,retired and current DDSD administrators and staff, business partners, representatives from the state legislature and a Metro commissioner. The evening was a great success with approximately $9, 000 raised for the David Douglas CTE/STEAM* program and approximately $8,000 raised for DDEF’s programs.
If you were unable to attend the Dinner/Auction but still want to support the STEAM program, you can donate by clicking “Donate” below:
What is STEAM?
The STEAM program is to create project-based learning opportunities that incorporate all of the individual elements of STEAM.
What are the elements of STEAM?
- Science – academic knowledge that can be applied to many things
- Technology – the tools we use to support our projects
- Engineering – the process of applying Science, Math, and Technology to develop a way to complete a project as it was envisioned by the Artist
- Art – the creativity and the inspiration – this is where the ideas are born
- Math – academic knowledge that can be applied to many things
*CTE: Career Technology Education
STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math